Research assistant in cambridge, ma
Ibis is seeking an individual with a commitment to sexual and reproductive health and rights who is willing to provide both research and administrative support to Ibis staff in Cambridge, MA. The Research Assistant will work with multiple study teams on new and ongoing US-based research projects, such as our work on telemedicine and the Hyde amendment, as well as on our global research portfolio. Tasks include, but are not limited to, data collection (paper-based and/or digital), entry, and management, protocol development, study team coordination, and overall project support. The research assistant will also support staff with administrative, development, and communications activities as needed.
- Exposure to quantitative and/or qualitative research
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience working in teams with individuals of varying work styles and ability to manage multiple responsibilities on a range of projects
- Ability to work independently
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, highly organized, hardworking, and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
We particularly welcome those who have:
- Experience working on projects related to sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Spanish/French language skills
- Experience using quantitative software (SPSS or Stata) and qualitative software (ie Atlas.ti, Dedoose, or MaxQDA)
- Experience searching for and identifying scientific literature, especially in public health
- Ability to travel
- Sense of humor
Ibis seeks to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace; we encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ people, first-generation college graduates, and people from other underrepresented communities.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Ibis employees are eligible to participate in programs including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, retirement contribution fund, professional development opportunities, among others.
Deadline for applications: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Priority will be given to applications received by February 9, 2018. Position starts as soon as filled. No phone calls, please.
Intern in Oakland, CA (SPRING)
Ibis is seeking an intern who has a strong commitment to women’s health and rights, and who is willing to provide both research and administrative support to Ibis staff at our Oakland, CA office. The intern will contribute to ongoing international and domestic research projects. Tasks may include quantitative or qualitative data entry, collection, cleaning, and analysis, as well as literature reviews and occasional assistance with administrative tasks. Applicants should be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously and interacting with a variety of people, and should have experience with or an interest in reproductive health research. This is a paid spring intern position for 8-12 weeks in our Oakland, CA office.
- Demonstrated commitment to sexual and reproductive health
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility, responsiveness, and willingness to pitch in to a variety of projects
- Exposure to qualitative research through coursework or professional experiences
- Interest in contraception and abortion policy
- Experience conducting qualitative data analysis using software such as Dedoose or Atlas.ti
- Experience using statistical software such as Stata or SPSS
- Working proficiency in Spanish (reading, writing, speaking)
We seek to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, and sexual orientation. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please fill out this application form and send your resume in a separate email to Sofia Filippa at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, though applications received by January 24th will receive priority review.
Development and communications assistant in Cambridge, MA
Ibis is seeking a Development and Communications Assistant to support Ibis’s fund development and communications activities. We are looking for someone with strong writing and organizational skills who is enthusiastic about our mission to improve women’s reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide.
The Development and Communications Assistant will provide support to fundraising activities, including helping with the preparation and proofreading of grant proposals and reports, assisting with the development of fundraising materials, and managing fundraising tracking systems. This person will also participate in the development, design, and dissemination of communications materials, including writing/editing Ibis’s newsletters; maintaining Ibis’s website; and coordinating social media activities. The Development and Communications Assistant will also periodically provide other administrative support at Ibis. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager of Development and Communications and Vice President for Development and Public Affairs to help to implement development and communications work plans and track progress toward development and communications goals.
Successful candidates will have exceptional administrative/organizational and interpersonal skills as well as a strong commitment to women’s rights and health. Applicants should be adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously and committed to high-quality work.
1. One to three years of experience in fund development and/or communications, with a record of increasing responsibility.
2. Highly organized, detail oriented, and high energy, with demonstrated problem-solving approach and ability to meet deadlines.
3. Flexible, responsive, willing to pitch in on a variety of projects, and able to both work independently and as part of a team.
4. Strong computer and technological skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Comfort working in Drupal, other website content management systems, and/or email marketing systems preferred.
5. Exceptional writing and proofreading skills. Interest and skill in desktop design (print and electronic materials) a plus.
6. Familiarity with and interest in using social media tools.
7. Commitment to sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
8. Sense of humor.
Ibis is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace; we encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, first-generation college graduates, and people from other underrepresented communities.
Salary commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits.
Start date: Position available immediately
How to apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development and Communications Assistant” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, though applications received by October 22, 2017 will receive priority review. Position will remain open until filled.