Development and Communications Assistant in Cambridge, MA
Ibis is seeking a Development and Communications Assistant to support Ibis’s fund development and communications activities. We are looking for someone with strong writing and organizational skills who is enthusiastic about our mission to improve women’s reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide.
The Development and Communications Assistant will provide support to fundraising activities, including helping with the preparation and proofreading of grant proposals and reports, assisting with the development of fundraising materials, and managing fundraising tracking systems. This person will also participate in the development, design, and dissemination of communications materials, including writing/editing Ibis’s newsletters; maintaining Ibis’s website; and coordinating social media activities. The Development and Communications Assistant will also periodically provide other administrative support at Ibis. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager of Development and Communications and Vice President for Development and Public Affairs to help to implement development and communications work plans and track progress toward development and communications goals.
Successful candidates will have exceptional administrative/organizational and interpersonal skills as well as a strong commitment to women’s rights and health. Applicants should be adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously and committed to high-quality work.
- One to three years of experience in fund development and/or communications, with a record of increasing responsibility.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and high energy, with demonstrated problem-solving approach and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible, responsive, willing to pitch in on a variety of projects, and able to both work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer and technological skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Comfort working in Drupal, other website content management systems, and/or email marketing systems preferred.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills. Interest and skill in desktop design (print and electronic materials) a plus.
- Familiarity with and interest in using social media tools.
- Commitment to sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
- Sense of humor.
Ibis is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace; we encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, first-generation college graduates, and people from other underrepresented communities.
Salary commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits.
Start date: Position available immediately
How to apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development and Communications Assistant” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, though applications received by July 9 will receive priority review. Position will remain open until filled.